We provide Vision, Voice, and Leadership in Family Medicine
ADFM members are Departments of Family Medicine, represented by the Department Chairs and Senior Administrators, as well as by other senior department leaders (as Associate Members). Our current members include over 150 Departments of Family Medicine and we continue to grow. Our annual conference, held each February, attracts over 200 institutional leaders within larger Academic Medical Centers who are leading innovations in clinical care delivery, education of medical students, training of residents, and conduct of research.
The Association of Departments of Family Medicine (ADFM) supports academic departments of family medicine to lead and achieve their full potential in care, education, scholarship, and advocacy to promote health and health equity.
Thriving, empowered academic departments of family medicine improving health for all.
- Excellence: We pursue the highest goals and accept responsibilities required to achieve our best performance.
- Integrity: We commit to honesty, truthfulness and authenticity in our relationships and activities.
- Inclusion and Equity: We promote diversity, a culture of belonging, respect and value for all persons, and equity.
- Respect: We nurture free and open discourse, listen to ideas, and value diverse perspectives.
- Partnership: We commit to engaging with patients and communities as partners in our mission, and to achieving collective impact with mission-aligned organizations.