The Association of Departments of Family Medicine (ADFM) is the organization of departments of family medicine.
For questions or further information about joining ADFM contact Kim Sevedge at 1-800-274-7928 or by email at email@example.com.
The member of ADFM is the department, represented by the Department Chair (who acts as the voting member or designates a proxy). The Senior Department Administrator is eligible to participate in the organization as designated and sponsored by the Chair, and other members are welcome to join as Associate Members (see Associate Membership tab) if approved by the Chair.
- core undergraduate curricular support (e.g. curriculum development, teaching, evaluation) for family medicine (alone or as part of a primary care curriculum)
- family medicine residency training; and
- scholarly activity and/or research.
- Participation on the Chairs’ or Administrators' listserve, where you can share resources, network, and ask questions of other Family Medicine departments around the country
- Attendance at the ADFM Annual Conference, including:
- 2.5 days of packed programming targeted toward leaders of Departments of Family Medicine
- access to additional preconferences and special workshops, including an all-day workshop for Senior Administrators
- ability to nominate a senior leader from your department to attend with you
- Access to special ADFM programming, such as webinars and mentorship programs (see Programs)
- Access to the member-only resources and tools on the ADFM website
- Networking and help from your peers
- Regular updates from ADFM via the listserv and newsletters
- Data about Family Medicine Departments, gathered and shared at least annually
- Advocacy notices - information from the Hill about Family Medicine-related efforts
- Numerous services for new and interim chairs and new administrators
- Participation in the committees and leadership of the organization
- Access to the CERA Data Clearinghouse for research projects
Chair Only -- $1,508/year
Chair + Administrator -- $1,842/year
Associate - $618
Associate Admin - $308
Associate Retired - $308
Membership renewal is available online through the member portal. Please contact ADFM if you would rather print and mail your renewal.