ADFM Leadership Structure and Pathway to Leadership
ADFM is governed by a Board of Directors and much of the work of the organization is done by both strategic and operational committees with Board oversight.
This graphic and accompanying document explains the ADFM process for Board-appointed and elected positions and describes the "Pathway to Leadership" in ADFM for Chair and Administrator members, including how to start on the pathway to leadership and what the requirements are for being elected to the Board of Directors or to an officer position.
Leadership Position Descriptions
Below are a series of documents describing the responsibilities, length of commitment, eligibility, and appointment or election process for all ADFM leadership positions. Note that not all positions are open at the same time.
*Positions noted with an asterisk (*) in front are CURRENTLY OPEN for expressions of interest.
Unless otherwise specified, terms begin at the end of the ADFM Annual Conference and end at the conclusion of the Annual Conference after the specified number of years.
Positions on the ADFM Board of Directors:
- *President-elect (note that the President role spans 3 years in total: the President-Elect, current President, Past President/Board Chair, and Treasurer serve together on the ADFM Executive Committee with the ADFM Executive Director)
- Treasurer (also on the ADFM Executive Committee)
- *Public Member
- *Strategic Committee Chair
- Annual Conference Program Chair (see "Co-Chair" description below)
- *Membership Committee Chair
- Representative to the AAMC's Council of Faculty and Societies (CFAS)
- Administrators' Steering Committee Chair
- Administrators' Steering Committee Chair-Elect
Other positions and opportunities for participating in ADFM leadership:
- *Annual Conference Co-Chair (note that the Annual Conference Co-Chair serves two years as Co-Chair and a third as Program Chair and that the Program Chair serves on the Board)
- Strategic Committee member (serves on the Leader Development, Education Transformation, Healthcare Delivery Transformation, Research Development, or Diversity, Inclusion, and Health Equity committee)
- Finance Committee member
- *Nominations Committee member
- Administrators' Steering committee positions: